Help with Address, Route, and Map Problems in GPS Devices and Apps
Frustrated by missing/wrong locations and directions in GPS devices and apps? The problem is in the mapping information used by the devices/apps. That information comes from the private sector (e.g., Google, Apple), not from the GPS satellites.
GPS satellites are simply beacons, like lighthouses, that devices use to calculate their own latitude and longitude. The satellites do not transmit any mapping information.
The U.S. government cannot correct mapping errors in consumer devices/apps, but the following links will help you report them to the responsible parties.
Get help with a mapping problem that...
Affects most GPS devices/apps and maps
· Your home or business is missing or appears in the wrong place
· Drivers have a hard time navigating to your location
· Deliveries consistently go to the wrong place
· GPS devices send drivers through your property, back roads, etc. Proceed
Affects your own GPS device/app
· Your device is missing a location, street, etc.
· Your device shows the wrong address for a location
· You cannot navigate properly to a specific location
· Your device suggests taking closed exits, non-existent roads, or other bad routes Proceed
- Increases residential truck traffic Proceed
If you experience a sudden loss of GPS signals or other unusual behavior, please report it to the authorities using our GPS Service Outages & Status Reports page. Go there