Numerous departments and agencies of the U.S. government participate in the operation, management, and/or use of GPS as a national asset.
They coordinate their efforts as members of the National Executive Committee for Space-Based Positioning, Navigation, and Timing. Learn about the committee...
Use the links below to learn more about their GPS roles and responsibilities.
- Department of Defense (co-chair)
- Department of Transportation (co-chair)
- Department of State
- Department of the Interior
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Homeland Security
- Joint Chiefs of Staff
The National Executive Committee includes the following agencies as observers or liaisons. These links lead to their websites.