More News for GPS Professionals
- Jul 2016: DOT to Conduct Additional GPS/GNSS Adjacent Band Compatibility Testing
- Public Comments Requested on Proposed ICD Changes (Due Aug 19, 2016)
- DHS Demonstrates Precision Timing Technology at NYSE
- AF Press Release on GPS Ground System Anomaly (PDF)
- Public Comments on eLoran as a PNT Complement to GPS (regulations.gov)
As a GPS professional, your livelihood depends on the government's continued funding, operation, maintenance, sustainment, and modernization of the Global Positioning System.
It is in your interest to follow and participate in these processes to make sure the government meets your needs. Here are a few ways to do that.
Civil GPS Service Interface Committee (CGSIC)
The CGSIC meets annually and is open to anyone interested in civil GPS issues. Information from CGSIC members and meetings is provided to U.S. GPS authorities for consideration in GPS policy development and GPS service operation.
Interface Control Working Group (ICWG)
The ICWG serves as a forum to develop and provide technical GPS interface requirements, as well as focus on interface detail definition and issues.
Satellite Simulator Control Working Group (SSCWG)
The SSCWG is a forum for disseminating technical information to manufacturers of GPS constellation simulators.
National Space-Based PNT Advisory Board
This federal advisory committee consists of experts from outside the U.S. government who provide advice on U.S. space-based PNT policy, planning, program management, and funding profiles. Their meetings are open to the public. They may establish subcommittees and task forces involving experts beyond their core membership.
National Space-Based PNT Systems Engineering Forum (NPEF)
The NPEF consists of engineers and other experts from across the U.S. government. It conducts assessments and makes recommendations on technical issues as tasked by the National Executive Commmittee for Space-Based Positioning, Navigation, and Timing (PNT). The NPEF accepts external inputs on issues impacting commercial GPS interests.
Guidance for Critical Infrastructures
- Interface Specifications
- Performance Standards
- Federal Radionavigation Plan
- Codeless/Semi-Codeless GPS Access Commitments
- PRN Code Assignments
- Satellite Antenna Panel Patterns
- CNAV Test Plan
- Satellite Simulator Control Working Group