President's Budget Request for FY 2011
On this page:
On February 1, 2010, President Obama submitted his budget request to Congress for Fiscal Year 2011. The President's budget would fund GPS and GPS augmentation systems at the levels indicated below.View Final FY 2011 Funding...
Department of Defense
$1.057 billion for procurement and development of the Global Positioning System (GPS), including:
- $34.471 million for GPS IIF and Operational Control Segment (OCS) development via Appropriation 3600F (Research, Development, Test & Evaluation, Air Force), Program Element 0305165F, "NAVSTAR Global Positioning System (Space and Control Segments)"
- $828.171 million for GPS IIIA ($446.304 million) and the next generation GPS control segment (OCX, $381.867 million) development via Appropriation 3600F (Research, Development, Test & Evaluation, Air Force), Program Element 0305265F, "GPS III Space Segment"
- $122.490 million for advanced procurement of GPS IIIA satellites via Appropriation 3020F (Missile Procurement, Air Force), Line Item No. 18, "GPS III Space Segment"
- $64.609 million for procurement of GPS IIF satellites and launch support via Appropriation 3020F (Missile Procurement, Air Force), Line Item No. 20, "Global Positioning (Space)"
- $7.736 million for ground segment equipment procurement via Appropriation 3080F (Other Procurement, Air Force)
- Line Item No. 40, "Space and Control" ($0.099 million)
- Line Item No. 45, "Space Mods Space" ($7.261 million)
- Line Item No. 70, "Spares and Repair Parts" ($0.376 million)
$40.9 million for the High Integrity GPS (HIGPS) Enabling Technology Development project, also known as iGPS, via Navy RDT&E Program Element 0603235N, "Common Picture Advanced Technology"
Department of Transportation
$58.5 million for the addition of new, civil-unique capabilities to the GPS program, via FAA F&E Budget Item 2D11, "Global Positioning System (GPS) Civil Requirements"
$95 million for the Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS), via FAA F&E Budget Item 2D03, "Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS) for GPS"
$14.5 million for Ground Based Augmentation Systems (GBAS), via FAA Facilities & Equipment Budget Item 1A13, "Next Generation Transportation System -- Flexible Terminals and Airports," Activity Task 5, "Separation Management -- Approaches, Ground Based Augmentation System"
$7.6 million for the inland component of the Nationwide Differential GPS (NDGPS) system, via RITA R&D account, "Nationwide Differential Global Positioning System"