Civil GPS Service Interface Committee
U.S. State & Local Government Subcommittee
This page provides information about the U.S. State & Local Government Subcommittee (USSLS) of the Civil GPS Service Interface Committee (CGSIC).
- To provide an open forum for civil user information exchange concerning the use of GPS by state and local governments organizations, recommending appropriate action on those issues which concern their user needs.
- To identify the common needs of state and local governments for GPS information, respond to such requests and concerns submitted by this user community, and forward issues to the full CGSIC.
- Identify information requirements and methods to distribute this information to state and local government users of GPS.
- To maintain a list of active points of contact in state and local governments which support CGSIC activities.
- To conduct state and local government GPS information studies on civil user needs.
- To effectively support the CGSIC’s role under the National Space-Based Positioning, Navigation, and Timing (PNT) Executive Committee.
USSLS generally holds two meetings each year covering the eastern and western regions of the nation. It also convenes during the annual meeting of the full CGSIC.
The full Civil GPS Service Interface Committee will convene September 12-13, 2016, at the Portland Convention Center in Portland, Oregon, in conjunction with the ION GNSS+ 2016 conference.View agenda & register
November 19, 2015
Holiday Inn Portland Airport
The CGSIC State and Local Government Subcommittee convened during the 5th Conference on Field Technology for Data Collection in Forestry, Fisheries, and Natural Resources.View presentations
Select any of the following dates/locations to view proceedings from past USSLS meetings.
- Nov 2015: Portland, OR
- Jun 2014: Halethorpe, MD
- Aug 2012: Seattle, WA
- Jun 2012: Austin, TX
- Aug 2011: Sacramento, CA
- Apr 2011: Groton, CT
- Apr 2010: Bozeman, MT
- Apr 2010: Charleston, WV
- Jun 2009: Honolulu, HI
- Aug 2008: San Diego, CA
- Jul 2008: New Orleans, LA
- Jun 2007: Portland, OR
- May 2007: Minnesota
- May 2006: Puerto Rico
- May 2005: Anchorage, AK
- Aug 2004: Little Rock, AR
- Jul 2004: Sacramento, CA
- Aug 2003: Montpelier, VT
- Aug 2003: Cheyenne, WY