Civil GPS Service Interface Committee
Timing Subcommittee Charter
- To determine the requirements and needs of the civilian timing community for GPS information.
- To determine the sources of GPS timing information.
- To determine the methods by which GPS timing data will be disseminated.
2. Terms of Reference
- The types of civil users to be represented by this subcommittee are those involved in the national and international timing centers, use time for synchronization and synchronization of systems, and require time for distinguishing events recorded by data acquisition systems.
- The GPS timing information to be released and distributed by the CGSIC will follow the policies as set forth in the GPS Security Classification Guidelines.
- The methods to be used to distribute GPS timing data can include all forms of communication, varying from conventional mail/telephone services to computer-to-computer links. For sophisticated data communications techniques, individual standards and protocols are to be identified for compatibility with US systems.
3. Coordination and Reporting
- The work of this subcommittee will be coordinated with that of the other subcommittees.
- The work of this subcommittee will be reported to the CGSIC at its regular meetings.